Friday, November 10, 2006

Acknowledging the Elephant

Thank you to everyone who has left comments; I've tried to visit each of your blogs and if I haven't visited yet, I will!

I am particularly touched by the positive responses I received on my postings about race, the elephant in the room that we so seldom discuss.  There is an website that I think that you may find of interest.  It's a PBS site based on programming that was on TV in 2003.  The title of the site is Race-The Power of an Illusion.  There are a lot of interactive activities of the site.  It's an excellent site for children as well as adults.

The link: http://www.pbs.org/race/001_WhatIsRace/001_00-home.htm

If you visit the site, please let me know what you think of it.

Happy weekend to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a very interesting site and it gave me food for thought. i tried to do the sorting people exercise and i was amazed that i could not pick out the different races.  i thoroughly enjoy your blog.  taske care. http://journals.aol.co.uk/cindytessier/cindi-loos-hoos/

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! For those two post. Come over to my journal anytime.