Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Taking a moment to stand under the mistletoe

There are so many serious topics that I could address; however, I'm not in a mood to take on the serious; instead, I've elected to be gloriously silly. My blogami, Marc, has contributed to this silly mood with a delightfully humorous post that has given me many giggles. The pictured holiday greeting card is also courtesy of Marc. If you stare at it long enough, you'll catch a glimpse of the gnomes.

In addition, I finished up work early today, so I'm free to go out into a world of people gone mad--the nearest shopping mall. Have you ever noticed the similarities between the crowds at the mall during the Christmas season and the crowd scene in the 1931 Frankstein movie? You know, the one where the mob chases down the monster, carrying torches and sets the windmill on fire. (I prefer the later film versions in which the monster is portrayed as closer to the intelligent and lonely creature in Shelley's novel.)

So I'm off to the mall to join in the bedlam. Now, where is my torch?

New music is by Aaron Neville, Please Come Home for Christmas. If the music doesn't play automatically, just click on the title to listen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Marc guys sound WEIRD. Must be French or something.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the photo in my entry alerts, thinking wait, those orange things, are they, GNOMES?  Sheria???  Of course, I COULD have simply looked at the header of the photo.

So, what are you getting Marc for Christmas?  (Can you find him presents at an average, local mall?)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that I should get him some gnomes for his next picture.

Anonymous said...

"I'll be Gnome for Christmas" .....just couldn't resist. I'm hopefully finishing off my Christmas shopping tomorrow. I'm NOT going to a mall. I fail to have the courage needed to face that mob. Doc and I are actually venturing into a little village upstate with those cute window shops. Hopefully going early, in the middle of the week we can avoid the mob....hopefully....lol (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I have one more day of school/work... then I can feel and act silly!! Glad you are getting out and under from the overwhelming work load you had last week. Thanks for visiting my journal and viewing the video... I appreciate your comments and observations. Loved the song, though I did have to click on the link to hear it. Have a wonderful week of Christmas preparations. bea

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip to the mall and join the shopping frenzy I'd rather you than me..lol
Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate the crowds at Christmas time, but then I love it too.  I guess it's a love/hate thing.  I have to brave them this afternoon myself.  I hope it's not too bad, but I expect it will be.  It's the traffic that gets to me the most and finding parking spaces....sigh...
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I am the fool from hell, I have left all my shopping to this weekend!
Happy Chirstmas to you!
Gaz xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas!