Thursday, August 23, 2007

Artsy Essay Contest

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Juanita at the Old Cafe   

 

Go left if you would find her.

Do not forget your sombrero

for the sky is red,

the air like hot chilies.

 

Do not slow your step.

Be careful of the path as it twists past Jose’s cantina.

Cover your ears,

lest your feet catch the rhythm of the rumba

as you pass,

for your journey does not end here.

 

Do not slow your step;

you will know when you have found her.

 

Rest,

regain your strength

and then surrender to her music.

Know that she knows your secrets.

Do not be surprised;

she has been expecting you. 

 

 

This is my entry for the August Artsy Essay Contest. To compete, go to http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-artsy-essay.html.

 

The theme is squeezing every last drop of sunshine out of summer. To hear Carlos Santana's Africa Bamba, click here.

The odd looking flower is a result of me playing with the paint program on my computer. I found this video on YouTube where someone had done the Mona Lisa using Microsoft Paint. I have a long ways to go. (Note: There are some folks who insist that the video is a fake. If so, my flower isn't so bad.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flower, and your poem... I can hear it set to music... kind of fast, like the rumba. Do you also write music, Sheria? bea

Anonymous said...

Love it!  It's wonderful :)  Glad you entered.. good luck
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Love this entry! Wonderful work on the flower, love the tone of the poetry as well. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Stupendo!

Anonymous said...

Very well done! Your flower is wonderful and I thought your writing was just delightful. A very unique entry and I am so glad that everybody is branching out and giving us new and interesting things.... with art as well!

Thank you so much for joining us and writing, it means so much to me that you would choose to share!

Judith
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think your flower is great!  You should see what my pictures on microsoft paint look like!  You can't even tell what anything is!  I am useless at it!  Loved your writing as well.  I think you are one very talented lady and a really nice one as well!
Have a great weekend!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture.  And the poetry makes it even more wonderful

Anonymous said...

"She" could be many things, that's my interpretation - enjoyed this alot.  Your getting a real knack with that Paint Shop, this flower has just the right colors to match the "feel" of Jose's cantina and hot red chillies.  Nice!  xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Redolent with the heat of summer.  What a great idea to have the music in the background as you read the poetry.  This was a super entry!  Well done!
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

the flower is lovely, sometimes when we are too close to something we see "flaws" but others see only beauty.  i love this "the air like hot chilies", the overall feel is a heavy beat to me that feels like a pulse.  grins, debra

Anonymous said...

If I was there, I would have picked that flower and put itin your hair...... Gaz :-)xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow... Just wonderful.. a very visual poem.. You can close your eyes and the moment comes to life.. My best to you for this months contest.

Kristal
http://apoeticdreamerssoul.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Actually, your flower is quite nice.