Monday, September 11, 2006

Nothing and Everything

A good friend has been telling me for almost a year that I should write a book.  A man that I just met says that I should write a book and start a blog.  My sister has been encouraging me for the past 30 years to write a book.  This isn't a book but at least I'm writing something.

This is supposed to be all about me but I'm not certain if I'm ready to tell anyone all about me. 

I'm neurotic.  I worry about things.  I worry that I will never be thin enough to wear a slinky, bareback, gold lame dress.  I worry that I am shallow. 

I recently left my job of the past six years and now I worry that I am going to be thrown into debtor's prison.  Rationally, I know that there is no legal authority for imprisoning people because they don't pay their debts but I'm also melodramatic.  I imagine myself, wearing a tattered, slinky, gold lame bareback dress, huddled in a prison cell.  At least I'm thin.

I must be shallow.  The world is continually at war; children are victims of abuse and torture; people go to bed hungry and have no place to sleep except a cardboard box under a bridge.  I feel sorry for myself because I'm fat and can't wear slinky dresses.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope that my remarks and story about my 'thermostat' controlled youth somehow made it to you.  twenty minutes of reminiscing and recounting my experiences with parents, apparently cut from the same cloth when, without the notification that thunder and lightening will give you, i was subjected to a short power interuption and if you didn't get what i wrote, as a writer, you are familiar with how hard it is to reproduce.  if you got it, albeit, interupted, please let me know.  and please enjoy. i know i enjoy your accounts of things i can relate to as if we were, i remember i wrote this, astral twins.  gotta get a snack.  bye, bye.

Anonymous said...

I came across your journal an i enjoy everything you write keep up the good work  You should become a writter you actually make me visualize
have a great day

Anonymous said...

So, I finally decided I should visit your first entry because, you see, it is the most important entry, the one that begins the written journey. It is the first step, and all the others that follow lead to a transformation of the mind and soul. Now I know why you started the aol journal... you, my dear, are going on my alerts right now.
Bea