Sunday, April 13, 2008

Touched By The Sun

It all began because I couldn't decide what I wanted to write about today. Ever since I became obsessed with being menopausal, I can't bring myself to deal with the current state of world affairs. I haven't found it listed any where but I think that self-centeredness must be a symptom of menopause.

So, I read a few blogs, but didn't bother to comment because that would have taken effort on my part and I'm being very lazy today. I got to my friend Marc's blog, and suddenly I was inspired. Marc has been creating some unique works of art that he labels Hy-Art, for some time, and I think that they are pretty special. I've mentioned them here before and I know that some of you have checked out his work. Recently, he generated a new web site where he sells sets of his Hy-Art as note cards. I have two sets, one that I purchased and one that he generously sent me as a gift. They are lovely and if I can bear to part with them, are actually quite practical for sending all sorts of notes or giving a set as a gift.

I think that another symptom of being in the throes of menopause is obsession. Today I became obsessed with Marc's Hy-Art note cards and decided to surprise him by creating the following video. The images are from Marc's Hy-Art collection. All of the images aren't currently available on cards; I just selected some of my favorites for the video. The song, by Carly Simon, is called Touched By The Sun. It appeals to me on so many levels and seemed a fitting accompaniment for Marc's artistic expressions.

P.S. Marc, I also posted it on YouTube. I really got into this as my activity for the day. Blame it on menopause.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blow my effing mind!  ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL MY DEAR!  And I did not GIVE you that extra set, you paid for it! (What I gave you was your Dad's "Thou Art", but we won't reveal that one yet!)

Anonymous said...

Being menopausal suits you this is a wonderful tribute to your Blogami!
Your clearly very creative not only with your words but putting what inspires you out there. Was that your voice at the beginning?

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Your video is a work of film art all by itself... I had not seen any of these, and they are fabulous. I can see a game from his HyArt...contestants must identify the various artists, as well as the paintings the images were clipped from. I found myself identifying as many artists as I could, in one I'm pretty sure there were elements from three different masterpieces combined. I liked the one of Escher's graphic tessellations with Vermeer's room with open window. Very clever. I had several I liked, so I'll probably go place an order for my own note card set. I commend you for putting your menopausal discomforts and distractions into creative endeavors! I do believe your friend Marc is touched by the Sun, and that must be a gift. bea

Anonymous said...

Btw, other readers, just in case you couldn't wait till the end of the video, the webaddress of my "store" is www.makemarc.etsy.com. "Etsy" is the ebay for arts and crafts.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Sheria!

And don't feel bad about feelin' unmotivated...if you swung by Nutwood today, you saw that my big accomplishment for the day was unloading the dishwasher. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to showcase your friends artwork Sheria!  How fabulous!  I am in awe of your computer expertise!  I could never do what you have done, at least I don't think I could!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely entry today. Thank you.  My advice...forget menapause !!  You rule it  or it rules you ! Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

It is perfectly normal to refocus, Sheria, and methinks you are doing that with the menopause. However, I agree with Sybil (comment below).

Anonymous said...

2 talented people!!  what a nice tribute to marc, too.  i'm impressed with your computer skills.  you did a great job with the video.
gina