Sunday, April 6, 2008

They're asking about me!

They’re Asking About You

I’ve been tagged by Rod at kickin tina. If you have visited me before, you know that I love attention, so being tagged is right up my alley. If you have never read Rod’s blog, you should visit. He is a very thoughtful writer and has the best taste in music. While there, click on his Finetune playlist and check out what he’s currently listening to. He also posts the most lovely pictures of young men 20 years my junior but a woman can drool if she wants to.

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

QUESTIONS:
1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
1998 was a sort of best of times, worst of time year for me. I had just graduated from law school, passed the bar and been on my first job (legal aid attorney) for less than six months when I landed in the hospital with congestive heart failure and some other serious stuff. I got plenty of attention but my sister later explained that everyone gets lots of attention when they’re in cardiac intensive care, so I wasn’t really special. I spent most of 1998 trying to prove the medical experts wrong by recovering. I do love being right.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

1. Spend some time in the bathroom (I’m having a bad reaction to a change in medication or I have some type of stomach virus but the porcelain god is my friend this weekend).
2. Nap (I’m not well!)
3. Counsel a good friend (she has asked for my advice)
4. Call my mother and make her smile.
5. Chat with my sister (she always makes me feel better)

3) Snacks I enjoy:
chocolate truffles, Goldfish, Ruffles with ridges, cheese (especially soft cheeses like a good French brie) and did I already say chocolate?

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Create a network of tuition free elementary and high schools for low income children that offered them aprivate school quality education.
2. Buy a villa in Tuscany and provide all my close friends with their own key so that they could visit whenever they wanted.
3. Hire my sister to do nothing so that she could afford to retire and hang out with me all the time.
4. Fund my blogami Marc’s Hy-Art business venture.

5) Five of my bad habits:
1. Being judgemental
2. falling in love when I shouldn’t
3. self deprecation
4. placing too much value on playing it safe
5. looking for happiness every where except within myself

6) 5 places I have lived:

1. Wilson
2. Chapel Hill
3. Raleigh
That’s it, I’ve never lived any place except in North Carolina

7) 5 jobs I have had:

1. factory worker
2. restaurant cook
3. sales clerk in a book store
4. high school English teacher
5. lawyer

8) 5 peeps I wanna know more about:

Robin
Spencer
Yasmin
Paul
Beth


Tags:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Sheria, it's almost 4 am I'll do it tommorrow(the joys of being an insomniac)
Loved your answers I relate very much to Bad Habit answer 5.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I've just been over to kickin tina, and will visit again when more alert and the men there were hot lol

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I kiss you for not taggin me!  After all, I blog more than ANYBODY, so everybody know everything about me!
And no need for you to fund my Hy-Art (though what a sweet thought!) People, you can buy me at www.makemarc.etsy.com!

Anonymous said...

I did not know you had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  Do you recover completely from that or do you have to be careful.  I have that on my mind since that is  my friend Lisa's diagnosis but it seems very serious today.  (Please Dont take Life for Granted).  I  hope you are careful then so you can stick around a long time!  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Awww! Sheria, I hope you get better by Monday... I'm sorry to hear you are sick. You sound terrible, actually, and knowing you, you're making light of it. My thoughts and prayers are with you... You have come a long, long way, at many levels of life, Sheria! I like the five things you would do if you were a billionaire. Speaking of chocolate, have you tried Hershey's new chocolate called 'Bliss?' It is even smoother than Dove chocolate... mmmm, I just bought some today... it comes in these little individually wrapped pieces, like Dove chocolate, and melts on your tongue... divine is the only word I can think of to describe the sensation. Get better, then next time you are at the grocery store, or Target, get a bag of those little chocolates. Bliss. You only need one piece to satisfy the chocolate craving! Whoa, I visited kickintina... naughty, but tastefully done! I'm surprised he got away with that one photo! Get better, Sheria... I'm sending a hug your way! bea

Anonymous said...

There is great concern about Lisa of Please Don't Take Life for Granted. If you have the time, you might want to check her out. Not only does she have Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, but now a bad case of CHF. Her messsages sound so frightened, which is certainly understandable. And she seems to be such a dear person. If nothing else, add her to your prayers!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to share my gratitude for your coming througn the crisis of '98.  Survivors both are we.

Anonymous said...

Loved reading these little  gems about you.  Sorry to hear that you've been sick all weekend though. I do hope that you are feeling back in the pink soon!
love and hugs,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've recovered, and I'm sure you'll get over today (yesterday's) bug / whatever is going on!

Oh, and NOW I understand what the tag means......... hmmmm.  I"ll have to think about this one!

Anonymous said...

well, i am behind in my alerts...i was coming here to get your web site to tag you...and someone beat me!!  lol  loved your answers...esp the one about letting your sis retire so that you two could spend more time together.  how wonderful!
gina

Anonymous said...

oh...btw....i forgot to tell you get well quick!!!  hope you're much better now.
gina

Anonymous said...

OK I finally found someone who didn't have "laundry" in their "to-do" list lol YAY!  Says something about you Sheria.  1998 really was quite a time eh? And your painfully honest answers were refreshing, no presense at "prettiness" I can applaud that. Hey y'know playing it safe aint that bad a deal sometimes.  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheria! Did you think I left the planet? I haven't, I've just been so busy these days. I'm here to catch up. I enjoyed reading the meme. I see we have a few more things in common! CooL!

btw - this entry is over a month old; I sure hope you're feeling well by now.

take care!