Friday, June 13, 2008

My Vice Presidential Aspirations

I've decided to help my country. I was inspired by my blogami, Marc, to engage in my patriotic duty and offer myself as Barack Obama's running mate. Of course, I have some strong competition from Marc. Before you go any further with reading about my qualifications, mosey over to Marc's blog and read his entry for today, Pros and Ex-Cons. I'm still recovering from the time that I spent rolling on the floor and laughing after reading it. He challenges his readers to also complete his meme on the pros and cons of your qualifications to be the Democratic vice-presidential candidate. After you check out Marc's list, complete the meme by writing your own list of the pros and cons of your qualifications to be VP and be certain to leave a link letting Marc know about your entry. Oh, and don't forget to come back and read my list.

Pros:

1. I've never been a stripper. No one will be crawling out of the woodwork with video of me doing the full monty. (Can women do a full monty or do you call it something else?) 

2. I've also never hired the services of a prostitute. I have gone across state lines with men but I've never paid them to come with me. Double entendre intended.

3. My friend Marc is willing to sleep with any gay Republican who agrees to vote Democratic. He said so in his blog. He also said that I would sleep with any straight Republican who agrees to vote Democratic, but I have my standards. Only if he's tall, good looking, and hot will I sacrifice myself. However, no money will exchange hands. See pro #2. 

4. I can deliver the southern vote. I've read Gone With the Wind multiple times; not only do I want to be Scarlett O'Hara, hell, sometimes I am Scarlett. I know all the ways to use y'all in a sentence and I know exactly where "down the road a fur piece" is, and I can locate "over yonder" on a map. In addition, I've drunk many an RC Cola after placing peanuts in the bottle.

5. I like to wear red. Red is a power color; it also photographs well. I will be prepared for the many photographic opportunities that are an ongoing part of the VP's job. It will also make it easier for the Secret Service agents to keep track of me in a crowd, although it could be a negative if I have to dodge any sniper fire in Bosnia.

Cons:

1. I sort of stalked a man when I was in college. Oh come on, don't tell me that you and your best friend have never staked out some guy's room to see if he's seeing that slut who came on to him at the floor party last night?

2. I once wrote erotica for the enjoyment of a man with whom I was in a relationship. (I was following in the footsteps of Anais Nin.) He may still have copies of it and for all I know, by now, he could be a McCain supporter.

3. Back in the 1980s, I had a membership in a video club. I can't recall the name, but it had a wide collection of foreign films and art house stuff that was somewhat adult in nature. I've seen the unexpurgated version of Guccione's Caligula.

4. I am not a morning person. No breakfast meetings with foreign dignitaries before 10:00 am.

5. I don't play golf. I can see no point in trudging around in the sun trying to hit a little white ball into a little hole. I totally don't get the traps. Someone should smack the architects who build sand traps and water holes into the golf course; they should know better!

Of course, every candidate needs a theme song. Inspired by a recent post by Marc, I've selected Whitney Houston's version of "I'm Every Woman."  It's not a political song, but it's got a great beat. I figure that I could start each campaign appearance with a few dance moves.

I'm Every Woman

Whatever you want
Whatever you need
Anything you want done baby
I'll do it naturally
Cause I'm every woman
Its all in me
Its all in me

(chorus 1): I'm every woman
It's all in me
Anything you want done baby
I do it naturally

(chorus 2): I'm every woman
It's all in me
I can read your thoughts right now
Every one from a to z

I can cast a spell
Of secrets you can tell
Mix a special brew
Put fire inside of you
Anytime you feel danger or fear
Instantly I will appear, cause

(chorus 1)

Oh, I can sense your needs
Like rain on to the seeds
I can make a rhyme
Of confusion in your mind
And when I comes down to some good old fashioned love
I got it
I got it
I got it, got, got it, baby, baby, baby

(chorus 1 & 2)

I ain't braggin
Cause I'm the one
Just ask me
Ooh, and it shall be done
And don't bother
To compare
I got it

I'm every woman (repeat till fade)
I'm every woman (repeat till fade)

Don't forget to do your own meme with your five reasons why you should be vice president and five reasons against the idea. Y'all drop by Marc's place and leave him a link.


Tags: , , , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did me proud!  I'm sure one of us will get a call within hours!  Remember, whoever gets it marries the other!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, y'know what? I don't think I'd survive the vetting. And I'm okay with that. While I wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't be vetted as a VP candidate, all I can say is that I had me a helluva time. :)

Some 15 or so years ago, I participated in a charity bachelor/bachelorette auction. (I was one of the bachelorettes, just to be clear.) My song, as I walked my walk...on the cat walk, baby...was "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC.

Would that make a good campaign song? Who cares...that song ROCKS!

Beth
http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for you Sheria!!  I loved this!
Well done!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh Marie beat me to it ,I would vote for you too ,are you accepting votes from J Land ? crazy entry ,loved it ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you could cast a spell :o)

Anonymous said...

That is really a funny meme. I can't think of any qualifications here, pro or con:)...alice

Anonymous said...

Any Repub?  I'm glad for your sake Jesse Helms is dead.  I think I could sleep with Carter, Jesse Jackson's son or Sonny Bono if he were still alive. That's about it.

Vice?  I think you'd make a fine President, not vice.

I tend to be very controlling in the workplace. I'd not make a good pol.  My only saving grace is I am uncorruptible, but some of my past employers hated that. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Ok it's called the "Full Minty" LOL great post!  xoxo CATHY